MsNick!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MsNick!

The NEW MSnick

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basics Of Maplestory!

Go down 
+2
Stealth
[GM]LettingGo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
[GM]LettingGo
GameMaster
GameMaster
[GM]LettingGo

Basics Of Maplestory! Empty
PostSubject: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Hello! If by any chance you have yet to play Maplestory and need a few pointers you are in luck!

So as you can tell Maplestory is an MMORPG(massive multiplayer online role playing game)
It is two dimensional and side scrolling. It originated in South Korea, and is played world wide on various versions.

If you didn't know this is a private server, a modified version of the actually game.
Private servers have less players due to either less advertisement of the actual game, or that there are so many of them. Private servers are mostly owned by gamers just like you, who have decided to be generous the the masses or just to have even more fun! So please thank the GMs for this private server!

At the moment on this server, there are 5 different character classes.
All of which originate from the Beginner class
The Beginner class then branches off to 5 classes.
The Magician
The Archer
The Swordsman
The Rogue
The Pirate

The Beginner starts at level 1, and kills monsters to gain experience. Every time you level up you gain 5 ability points, which can be added to either Strength, Intelligence, Luck, Dexterity, and 2 uncommon ones: Health and Mana.
Once you reach level 8 you have 2 options, either to become a magician, or work your way on up to level 10 to pick any other character class.

The Magician focuses on intelligence and gains a little Luck.

The Magician class only need 3 Luck more then their level, and the rest of the ability points go into Intelligence.

The Magician then branches off into 3 of its own classes at level 30: Ice/Lightning Wizard, Fire/Poison Wizard, and a Cleric.

Then at level 70 the Ice/Lightning Wizard, advances into an Ice/Lightning Mage, then lastly at level 120, it advances into an Ice/Lightning Archmage.

The same applies for the Fire/Poison class.

The Cleric becomes a Priest at level 70. then a Bishop at level 120.

The Archer focuses on Dexterity! With a slight amount of Strength.
The Archer class branches off into 2 of its own classes: The Bowman and the Crossbowman.

Normal bow archers require 5 more strength then their level, and the rest into dexterity.
The Crossbowman requires strength to be the same number as the level, and the rest into dexterity.

The normal bow archer becomes a Hunter at level 30, a Ranger at level 70 and a Bowmaster at level 120.

The crossbow archer becomes a Crossbowman at level 30, a Sniper at level 70 and a Marksman at level 120.

The Swordsman branches off into 3 of its own classes, a Fighter, Spearman, or Page.
The all require the same stats, dexterity should be 2 more than your level and the rest gets pumped into strength.

The Fighter can use either Swords or Axes, and at level 70 become Crusaders. Then at level 120 they become Heroes.

The Spearman can use either Spears or Polearms, and at level 70 become Dragon Knights, then Dark Knights.

The Page can use either swords or Blunt Weapons, and at level 70 become White Knights, and then Paladins.

The Rogue branches off into 2 of its own classes: The Bandit or the Assassin.
They too require the same stats, dex should be double their level and the rest into luk until level 40. Once they reach level 40 the dex should be 40 more than their level and the rest goes into Luk.

The Bandit class uses daggers. there are two types of Bandits, regular bandits and strength bandits. Regular bandits follow the same rules mentioned earlier, but strength bandits of course, require some strength, 10 strength less then your level.

At level 70 they become Chief Bandits, then at level 120 they become Shadowers.

The Assassin uses claws and throwing stars, and become hermits at level 70 and Night Lords at level 120.

The Pirate branches off into 2 classes, the Brawler and the Gunslinger.
The Brawler requires dex to be equal to its level, and the rest into strength.
The Gunslinger requires str to be equal to its level, and the rest into Dex.

At level 70 the Brawler becomes a Marauder, and then a buccaneer at level 120.

The Gunslinger becomes an Outlaw at level 70 then a Corsair at level 120.

Besides getting 5 ability points every level, you also obtain 3 skill points. Once you reach your new class you only obtain 1 for that Job. But after that you will gain 3. Skills help out tremendously!
Back to top Go down
Stealth
DarkMagician
DarkMagician
Stealth

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Nice guide, but I doubt anyone who is brand new to MS will play PServers, and it would've been easier to leech and give credits. =3
Back to top Go down
Xcracker
Xcracker

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:20 am

actually stealth, some people do o.o
I'd like to put in KoC, Aran and Evan if I was the poster Razz Oh yea I can do that now xD
Back to top Go down
Stealth
DarkMagician
DarkMagician
Stealth

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:08 am

We have none of those though, and MapleWiki is such a better resource, as well as easier to read. >.>
Back to top Go down
xFallenAngel
Web Moderator
Web Moderator
xFallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:03 am

Well, it was a nice guide, nonetheless. It was really thoughtful of him to come up with for new people who haven't played Maplestory. Besides, you never know, someone might've tried playing PS' before playing the actual thing.
Back to top Go down
[GM]Camily

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:11 am

Agreed,
Back to top Go down
xFallenAngel
Web Moderator
Web Moderator
xFallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 pm

YEAH, WOO CAMILY! *High five* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[GM]Beanie :3
DarkMagician
DarkMagician
[GM]Beanie :3

Location : Under Uranus or maybe under Earth, but who knows I might be Beside you right now :DD

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 am

Nice Guide, I used it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basics Of Maplestory!   Basics Of Maplestory! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basics Of Maplestory!
Page 1 of 1