MsNick!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MsNick!

The NEW MSnick

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maximizing internet speed/performance.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stealth
DarkMagician
DarkMagician
Stealth

Maximizing internet speed/performance. Empty
PostSubject: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:11 pm

This is a very simple and easy guide on how to maximize your internet performance using a simple website and an application. Enjoy~

Quote :
    Checking your speed
  1. Go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

2. Click start test, and wait for it to finish.

3. Keep the page open so you can remember what your download rate result was.

Using TCPOptimizer
  1. Download TCPOptimizer from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. Run the program.

3. Select the network adapter that you are currently using from the dropdown box. You can find out what this is by going to your Network Connections.

4. On the top, there is a slider that shows download speeds. Go back to speedtest, and see what your download speed is. Now move the slider so that it corresponds with your download rate. If you're on wireless, divide the download rate by 10. EG, if you get a result of 10mbps on Speedtest, you would select 1mb download speed in TCPOptimizer.

5. On the bottom, there are three check boxes. Current settings, Optimal settings, and Custom settings. Select Optimal settings

6. Select apply changes.

7. Click OK.

8. Allow TCPOptimizer to reboot your computer.

Your internet should now be going at the fastest speed you'll be able to get it to go. This may require some tweaking, but I don't recommend using custom settings unless you're an advanced user.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:03 am

Thx james I will try it out. However I don't really need it since I already have pretty fast Internet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://itouchms.forumotion.com
Stealth
DarkMagician
DarkMagician
Stealth

PostSubject: Re: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 am

This will work for people who even have fast internet already...

I got a new adapter, and had to optimize it...

Before I optimized, it was going at 6.4MBPS.

After, it was going at 9.2MBPS.

See what I mean? ;D
Back to top Go down
[GM]Camily

PostSubject: Re: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:04 am

I tried it, and it really Help!

Thanks alot!, My Internet speed is way faster than before!!

~ [GM]Camily
Back to top Go down
[GM]Beanie :3
DarkMagician
DarkMagician
[GM]Beanie :3

Location : Under Uranus or maybe under Earth, but who knows I might be Beside you right now :DD

PostSubject: Re: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 am

Omg Stealth Thanks alot!!
My Internet Runs 3x Faster Smile!
Back to top Go down
[GM]LettingGo
GameMaster
GameMaster
[GM]LettingGo

PostSubject: Re: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks For the Good Job! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maximizing internet speed/performance.   Maximizing internet speed/performance. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maximizing internet speed/performance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MsNick! :: Guides-
Jump to: